Summer-$aver Giveaways—Official Contest Rules
No purchase is necessary to enter or win. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning. All federal, state, local and municipal laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited.
$50 Gift Certificate to the Advertiser of the Winner’s Choice. No cash or other prize substitution permitted except at Sponsor’s discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the winner.
Alternate means of entry: Mail a 4″ x 6″ card with the following information:
- Your full name
- Your complete address
- Valid email address (if you do not have an email address, print “no email address”)
- Valid telephone number
- The words “Dollars and Sense Summer-$aver Giveaways” and include the month you’re mailing the entry in
Terms and Conditions
- Eligibility Must be at least 18 years old to enter. The Contest(s) is open to legal residents of the State of Wisconsin. Employees of Dollars and Sense Magazine and other companies associated with the promotion of The Contest(s) and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising and promotion agencies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Contest(s) is subject to federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Sponsor The Contest(s) is sponsored by Dollars and Sense Magazine, P.O. Box 44363, Madison, WI 53744-4363
- Agreement to Official Rules Participation in The Contest(s) constitutes entrants full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon being compliant with these Official Rules and fulfilling all other requirements set forth herein.
- Contest Period Each Contest will begin on the first day of the month at 12:00 a.m. and end on the last day of the month at 11:59 p.m. (The Contest(s) Period). Entries that are submitted before or after The Contest(s) Period will be disqualified.
- How to Enter Limit one (1) entry per person, per email address for the duration of The Contest(s). Entries received from any person or email address in excess of the stated limitation will be void. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
- Selection of Winner(s) Winners will be determined by random drawing from all eligible entries received. Drawings will be held as soon as is commercially reasonable. Winners must agree to the use of their names, voices, and/or likeness for the purpose of advertising, trade, or promotion without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- Notification of winners. Sweepstakes winner will be notified by email via MailChimp. An email will be sent to the winner within two weeks after the monthly drawing. All decisions are final and binding. Should the email be returned to the Sponsor as invalid, two more attempts will be made via email and one by regular mail if applicable. Winners must contact the Sponsor within 5 calendar days from the date the notification is sent by Sponsor to claim their prize. Failure to contact Sponsor within that 5 day period will result in immediate disqualification of the selected entrant and a new winner will be selected. No exceptions will be made to this rule. Sponsor is not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to notify winners.
- Odds of winning. The odds of winning any drawing will be determined by the number of eligible entries received.
- In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an online entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the email account.
- Other conditions. Sponsor, its agents and representatives, its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion and fulfillment agencies and legal advisors are not responsible for and will not be liable for (I) late, lost, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, unintelligible or postage due entries; (II) telephone, electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet or computer malfunctions, failures or difficulties of any kind; (III) failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions; (IV) any condition caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor that may cause Sweepstakes to be disrupted or corrupted; (V) any injuries losses or damages of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the Sweepstakes, or from participation in the Sweepstakes; or (VI) any printing or typographical error in any material associated with the Sweepstakes.
- Indemnification. You agree to release and hold Sponsor, its employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, representatives, parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion and fulfillment agencies, and legal advisors, harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with the Sweepstakes, including without limitation, personal injury, death and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy. This sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Twitter. You understand that you are providing your information to Dollars and Sense Magazine, Inc. and the sweepstakes Sponsor, not to Facebook or Twitter.
- Choice of law. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of you and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, will be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the State of Wisconsin.